Venue: Gila River Arena, City: Glendale, Arizona, United States, Date: Saturday, June 12, 2021
UFC 263: Adesanya vs. Vettori 2 is an upcoming mixed martial arts event produced by the Ultimate Fighting Championship that will take place on June 12, 2021 at the Gila River Arena in Glendale, Arizona, United States.
The event will be the second that the promotion has contested in Glendale, following UFC on Fox: Poirier vs. Gaethje in April 2018. Zuffa had previously hosted the final World Extreme Cagefighting event, WEC 53, at the arena in December 2010.
A UFC Middleweight Championship bout between current champion Israel Adesanya and Marvin Vettori is expected to headline the event. The pair previously met at UFC on Fox: Poirier vs. Gaethje, where Adesanya won via split decision.
A UFC Flyweight Championship rematch between the current champion Deiveson Figueiredo and former title challenger Brandon Moreno is expected to take place at the event. The pairing previously met in December 2020 at UFC 256, where Figueiredo retained the title after the bout was scored a majority draw.
A light heavyweight bout between Paul Craig and Jamahal Hill is expected to take place at the event. The pairing was previously scheduled to take place at UFC on ESPN: Brunson vs. Holland, but Hill withdrew from that event on March 10 after testing positive for COVID-19.
A welterweight bout between Leon Edwards and former UFC Lightweight Championship challenger Nate Diaz (also The Ultimate Fighter 5 lightweight winner) was expected to take place at UFC 262. However, Diaz pulled out due to a minor injury in early May and the bout was postponed to this event. Despite the different date, the pairing will retain its original status, marking the first time in UFC history that a non-title bout other than the main event has been scheduled for five rounds.
A women's bantamweight bout between Karol Rosa and Sijara Eubanks was scheduled to take place at the event. However, Rosa pulled out of the fight in late-May citing an eye injury. In turn, Eubanks was removed from the card and will face Priscila Cachoeira six weeks later at UFC Fight Night: Sandhagen vs. Dillashaw instead.
Official Fight Card
|Middleweight||Israel Adesanya (c)||def.||Marvin Vettori||Decision (unanimous) (50–45, 50–45, 50–45)||5||5:00|
|Flyweight||Brandon Moreno||def.||Deiveson Figueiredo (c)||Submission (rear-naked choke)||3||2:26|
|Welterweight||Leon Edwards||def.||Nate Diaz||Decision (unanimous) (49–46, 49–46, 49–46)||5||5:00|
|Welterweight||Belal Muhammad||def.||Demian Maia||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Light Heavyweight||Paul Craig||def.||Jamahal Hill||Technical Submission (armbar)||1||1:59|
|Preliminary card (ESPN / ESPN+)|
|Lightweight||Brad Riddell/td>||def.||Drew Dober||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Light Heavyweight||Eryk Anders||def.||Darren Stewart||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–27, 29–27)||3||5:00|
|Women's Flyweight||Lauren Murphy||def.||Joanne Calderwood||Decision (split) (29–28, 28–29, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Featherweight||Movsar Evloev||def.||Hakeem Dawodu||Decision (unanimous) (29–27, 29–27, 29–27)||3||5:00|
|Early preliminary card (ESPN+ / UFC Fight Pass)|
|Women's Bantamweight||Pannie Kianzad||def.||Alexis Davis||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||Terrance McKinney||def.||Matt Frevola||KO (punches)||1||0:07|
|Catchweight (148.5 lb)||Steven Peterson||def.||Chase Hooper||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||Fares Ziam||def.||Luigi Vendramini||Decision (majority) (29–28, 29–28, 28–28)||3||5:00|
|Heavyweight||Carlos Felipe||def.||Jake Collier||Decision (split) (28–29, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
UFC 263 RESULTS
- Israel Adesanya (c) def. Marvin Vettori via unanimous decision (50-45, 50-45, 50-45)
- Brandon Moreno (c) def. Deiveson Figueiredo via third-round submission (rear naked choke)
- Leon Edwards def. Nate Diaz via unanimous decision (49-46, 49-46, 49-46)
- Belal Muhammad def. Demian Maia via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Paul Craig def. Jamahal Hill via first-round TKO (arm injury)
- Brad Riddell def. Drew Dober via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Eryk Anders def. Darren Stewart via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-27, 29-27)
- Lauren Murphy def. Joanne Calderwood via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Movsar Evloev def. Hakeem Dawodu via unanimous decision (29-27, 29-27, 29-27)
- Pannie Kianzad def. Alexis Davis via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Terrance McKinney def. Matt Frevola via first-round TKO (punches)
- Steven Peterson def. Chase Hooper via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Fares Ziam def. Luigi Vendramini via majority decision (29-28, 29-28, 28-28)
- Carlos Felipe def. Jake Collier via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
*Fights labeled as "may not be broadcast" are scheduled to take place before the live broadcast begins. These pre-recorded fights are inserted into the broadcast if time permits. However, due to broadcast time constraints some of these undercard bouts may not be seen on a broadcast. These additional bout can be found as bonus footage on the event DVD.